Have you ever experienced your perfume losing its fragrance without knowing why? Day after day, the scent of your perfume no longer lasts more than two hours, and you wonder why because the brand you are using is expensive and has a reputation for lasting a whole day. It is even more frustrating when you are very sure you did not buy a counterfeit. Don’t look too far; the problem could be how and where you store your perfume bottle(s). Oh, you did not know? Of course, the fragrance of a perfume can either degrade or evaporate when not properly guarded or stored in the right place. Before we talk about how we can properly store our perfumes, let’s talk about the power of wearing good scents.
The Power of Wearing Good Scents: Benefits of a Lasting Fragrance
People use perfume to add a pleasant and delightful scent to their bodies. Perfume, to a reasonable extent, shows good hygiene, and a good scent will naturally boost the self-confidence of an individual. And because scents are capable of evoking emotions and creating moods, people use perfumes to express their individuality and style. Good perfumes leave lasting impressions, especially when they last a long time. So we wear perfume to create a lasting impression of ourselves. People are naturally drawn to good scents, and those who wear pleasant fragrances are those we normally find difficult to release from our embrace. If inside a public transport, we do not mind sitting very close to them for as long as possible. Fragrance connects. But we must learn to store our perfumes properly.
Tips to Preserve Your Perfume’s Fragrance
- Store Perfume in a Refrigerator: Shielding Fragrance from Heat and Sun: Heat and the sun can cause the fragrance to quickly degrade or evaporate. But a dark, cool place can slow down the process of evaporation.
- Beware of Strong Odours: Keep Your Perfume Away from Unpleasant Scents: Perfumes can easily absorb other strong odours, and this can ruin the original fragrance of the perfume. So, when storing your perfume in a refrigerator, make sure it is not stored near food.
- Stand Tall: Upright Storage for Optimal Scent Preservation: It is possible for the oil from the fragrance to settle to one side if you keep your perfume in a lying position. To avoid this, always ensure to keep your perfume in an upright position. With this, the oil will continue to saturate properly. Stay up to date on the newest in the world of Fashion, Arts, Beauty and Lifestyle; Follow FAB on Instagram.
- Keep the Cap or Stopper tightly closed: The fragrance can evaporate and lose its strength over time if the cap or stopper of your perfume is not tightly closed.
Bonus Tips for an Enchanting Fragrance Experience
- Apply perfume to pulse points such as the wrists, neck, and behind the ears.
- Always check the expiration date before purchasing.
- Don’t over-apply; applying too much at once can cause the fragrance to fade quickly.