First of all, I wanna start by saying that I’m not the biggest fan of new year resolutions because if you want to start something, just take the first step and don’t wait for tomorrow. Tomorrow will always be tomorrow. But if you choose to start your fitness journey in 2024 or get back in the game, then I have 8 fitness tips to start your new year strong and consistent. Stay up to date on the newest in the world of Fashion, Arts, Beauty and Lifestyle; Follow FAB on Instagram.
1. Set realistic and achievable goals: Start small and gradually increase the intensity and duration of your workouts. Whether it’s running a 5K, losing a certain amount of weight, or any other desired goal, this will help you stay motivated and avoid burnout.
2. Prioritise Consistency: Consistency is key when it comes to fitness success. Commit to a regular workout routine and make it a non-negotiable part of your day.
3. Mix Up Your Workouts: Avoid workout monotony by incorporating a variety of physical activities into your routine. Include cardiovascular exercises, strength training, and flexibility exercises. Even a long walk or finding a new active hobby will help mix things up.
4. Find a fitness buddy: Partnering up with a friend or joining a fitness community can boost your motivation and help you stay accountable. Having someone to share your journey with fosters camaraderie, offers support, and adds an element of friendly competition, but never rely on someone else but you.
5. Embrace mindful eating and hydration, and prioritise rest and recovery: Fuel your body with nutrient-dense foods like lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats. Staying adequately hydrated is vital for optimal physical performance. Rest and recovery are integral parts of any fitness routine. Sleep, nutrition, and allowing your body time to recover are crucial for muscle repair, injury prevention, and overall well-being.
6. Stay Positive and Celebrate Achievements: Celebrate both big and small milestones along your fitness journey. Recognise your progress and embrace positivity. Remember that setbacks are normal and part of the process; stay focused and keep pushing forward.
7. Get something new: Sometimes, for me, something simple like getting a new gym outfit or even new headphones will do the trick.
8. Find someone to help you: Find someone professional that can guide and motivate you on your journey and can help you incorporate healthy nutrition and different holistic habits.
The last one is a bonus
Always remember who you are doing it for.
So go out there, crush your goals, make the changes you need to be a better version of yourself, never look back, and always do it with a SMILE!